Sunday, August 12, 2007

August Blooms

In spite of our August heat, very minimal rain, and severe lack of attention from me, a few things have managed to bloom recently to beautify our corner of the world!
~ crape myrtle (which, I just discovered, can also be spelled crepe myrtle...both spellings are acceptable...isn't that great?)
~ more crape myrtle
~ these gorgeous lilies are almost done blooming; this was really the last decent lily standing...my mother always thinks of these lilies as Jeff's lilies because the very first time he ever came to visit us--way back in the summer of '96--these lilies were blooming when he arrived, and Mother used them to decorate our table...they really are striking flowers, I think

1 comment:

New Mom said...

I love crepe myrtles and lillies. I really miss all the crepe myrtles we had in the south. They are so beautiful!