Wednesday, August 22, 2007

In the Corn Patch

Despite a serious lack of rain (and a lack of pampering by its owners), the corn in our garden has somehow managed to produce! So for dinner tonight, we had a simple summer supper of corn on the cob from the garden, marinated tomatoes (also from the garden), hard-boiled eggs, fresh peaches, cookies from our neighbors, and the crowning achievement: French onion soup, a new recipe for me, found on Crabapple Pond blog. I love how the soup turned out; and my dad even paid it a fine compliment, saying, "It's as good as any French onion soup I've ever had in any restaurant!" :) So thanks, Mrs. Bonnie, for that new recipe!

Josiah and David helped me get the corn we had for supper, and Josiah was actually a good help with shucking it. Then he and David explored the tunnels made by the corn rows, and I couldn't help but see myself and my brother David doing that about 28 years ago on the same patch of ground. :)


1 comment:

New Mom said...

That dinner sounds really really good so fresh!