Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Few of My Favorite Things

1. all the kind comments and emails that have been sent to me in response to my post yesterday - I deeply appreciate each one and am thrilled that this little boy will be welcomed into such a loving, enthusiastic circle of family and friends

2. Google Reader - a while back, I was having a conversation with my friend Jackie about RSS Feeds and other such things that I didn't have a clue about, but knew that they were good - she and her husband Pete got me informed enough about Google Reader that I could start using it - wow, what a wonderful thing! - in case you're as clueless as I was a few months ago, with Google Reader, you can enter a bunch of websites that you check regularly, sites like blogs or news sites or other sites that get updated frequently; then, rather than checking each site every day, you can simply go to Google Reader, and it will tell you whether all those other sites have been updated or not; if so, you click on them and read whatever you want to read; but it saves SO MUCH time by eliminating that whole click-on-every-blog-every-day kind of craziness - I don't know if this makes any sense or not, but that's as good as I can do with explaining it :) - anyway, Jackie, a huge thanks to you for helping me get going with this - I love it!!!

3. the lullaby we've chosen for son #3 - "All You Are" by Michael Card from his CD Sleep Sound in Jesus - it's adapted from the poem "Baby" by George MacDonald - here are the words...(our son may not have a name yet, but he has a lullaby!) :)

Where did you get those eyes so blue?
They're from the sky that you passed through.
Where did you get that little tear?
Did you find that it was waiting for you here?

And what about your little nose?
He knew you'd need it for the rose.
And as for your soft curly ear,
He knew there would be songs for you to hear.

For all you are, and all you'll be,
For everything you mean to me,
Though I don't understand
I know you're from the Father's hand.

How can it be, that you are you?
He thought you up, and so you grew.
Because you're mine, it must be true
That He was also thinking of me, too.

Lest anyone worry that our son might not have blue eyes and thus the lullaby wouldn't apply, let me assure you that genetically, we've got a pretty good chance of having another blue-eyed son! And if he does indeed have another color for his eyes, we'll just change the song. :)

4. this outfit - when we found out Josiah was a boy, we were overwhelmingly blessed with hand-me-down boy clothes from friends in San Diego - it was terrific! - I'm sure this outfit was one of those that someone gave us; but if my memory is correct, I don't think either Josiah or David ever got to wear it because of it being the wrong season - since we're having a winter boy, he'll actually get to wear it! - last night I got out our box of 0-3 month boy clothes and had a blast looking through it; such fun; so many memories! - I discovered quite a few shorts outfits that our new little guy will never get a chance to wear, but there were some warmer things - once I get everything unpacked and put in the dresser and armoire, I'll have to see if we need to buy anything to fill in the gaps in the wardrobe for Baby Brother

5. this trampoline that our next-door neighbors own but are letting us borrow - a few days ago, they pulled it over onto our lawn, actually the piece of our land that is closest to their house, so that Josiah and David could enjoy it more (since their oldest two girls are back in school and they just have one girl left at home, they thought that this might be a good time to bring the trampoline over) - in the past, our boys have had an open invitation to jump on it at their house, but I know we'll use it more now that it's here - jumping on this is, without a doubt, David's favorite thing to do in all the world :) - it is so much fun to watch him...well, watch both of them - some people watch TV - I watch my boys jump on a trampoline - today I got out a nice, comfortable lawn chair, set it under a shady maple tree, put my feet up, and ate my lunch out there while I watched them - to see David jumping around with a huge smile on his face is pure pleasure - not to imply that Josiah doesn't like it, because he certainly does! - it's great exercise and entertainment for both of them - and as a side bonus, it inspired David to quickly finish his lunch today (a battleground for the past few days) and it made them both so tired that they fell asleep almost immediately for their naps!

3 comments:

Julie said...

The line in that song that always touches me is "Where did you get that little tear? Did you find that it was waiting for you here?"
Michael Card has such a way with words and music and putting them together. A gift.

I love Sleep Sound in Jesus and Come to the Cradle!

Unknown said...

What lovely, busy, happy days you all seem to have -- and to think there will soon be another bouncing baby boy in blue for trampolining fun.
Congratulations!

New Mom said...

What an adorable outfit!