Thursday, August 2, 2007

Week 16

~ "hey, lady, are you even pregnant???"
~ "oh...well...yes, I guess you are!"
I'm at the amusing stage of pregnancy when, depending on what I wear and from what angle I'm seen, I can either look not pregnant at all or really, really pregnant. Last night my parents ate dinner with us, and both of them--independently of each other--remarked about how big I looked. But today when I see these pictures, I don't think I look big at all! When I wake up in the morning, I have to decide, "Do I want to look big or small today?" :)
Recently when I've taken these weekly pictures, Josiah has wanted to be in them (in these pics, he's got his "cheese" face plastered on)...which is fine with me because this pregnancy is certainly not occurring in isolation, and sibling involvement will be significant to this baby from the very beginning of his/her life. I love the fact that Josiah talks about the baby so much and is so aware of what's happening! A week or two ago, Josiah said that he's really looking forward to holding the baby for the first time as soon as he sees him/her. When David was born, we did the obligatory big brother holding little brother pictures, and I adore those pics. But this time around, there is so much more knowledge and awareness in Josiah's head; and the fact that he's really excited about the baby makes me even more excited about it, too!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Well, I think you look pregnant. I (so far) have popped out immediately with both kids. Just enough that my regular clothes didn't fit, and I was swimming in maternity clothes. I don't wear pants (could never find any that fit right before I had kids, and even with a "mom" shape, I still can't)so I wore alot of dresses with high waists. Roomy, and draped enough so I looked pregnant.

Heart of Wisdom Academy said...

Hi Davene,

Glad you're doing well. How can I email you privately? I finally updated my blog :-) You can visit me anytime.

Kristal