Saturday, August 18, 2007

You, Too, Can Be a Master of Crafts

I've written previously about my lack of creative ability in the foggy realm of...(sigh)...crafts. However, at the homeschool conference I attended back in July, I was overjoyed to see a booth set up by The Krafty Kid with ready-made craft packets--10 crafts centered around a theme, with ALL supplies, ALL directions, absolutely EVERYTHING included except scissors. It couldn't possibly get any easier. This is exactly what I need!!! :) I know some of you moms reading this have advanced degrees in the field of crafts; but unfortunately I'm not one of you, so I hobble along, relying on crutches to get through. But now...ah, now...even my son can make wonderful crafts, and doesn't have to be limited by my feebleness. :)

Since we're going to the beach for vacation next month, I got the ocean-themed craft set. The pictures show Josiah making the first craft: an ocean life mobile. This afternoon, after Josiah wakes up from his nap, I'll let him choose another one to do.


~ doesn't this kid look happy, because--that's right--now he's a Krafty Kid! :)


4 comments:

Christin said...

that is ABsoLUTely adorable!! You go girl. :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute!I love crafts. Unfortunately, I could sit around with Trinity all day doing crafts and we would get no other schoolwork done! When you run out of crafts from that packet you will have to give me a call. I would be happy to have Josiah over for crafts some time!! Maybe we could swap - I'll do art with Josiah and you do music with Trinity (I have not a single musical bone in my body) - haha!

Unknown said...

What a lovely octopus -- are you babies as entranced by the Wiggles and Henry the Octopus as ours are here in Australia? Anything with an octopus theme is popular at my house!
Your blog is lovely -- isn't it fun to watch our babies grow and become so clever? It's amazing what little people can create with a bit of help.
I plan to come and visit you often!

Davene said...

Morning, YES, my boys LOVE the Wiggles and Henry the Octopus!!! They were introduced to them by their cousin whom we were visiting back in the summer of 2005, and they have been a big hit ever since. Although, since we don't have a TV, we don't regularly watch them...but we do have fun checking out their DVDs from the library and reading some of their books.

Josiah and I have gone to two Wiggles concerts. We've done that the past two years for our annual mother/son "date," and it's been really fun! He's kind of growing out of the Wiggles stage now so I'm not sure what we'll do this year. :) But my little one, David, is still completely enthralled by them!