Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas, Round Two

Over dinner tonight, my dad mentioned that if I don't update my blog for a few days, the people who read it will probably think I've gone into labor! So, to prevent any misconceptions along those lines, I will pop on long enough tonight to post a few pics and explain my recent activities.

My brother David and his family arrived here last evening for our second round of Christmas festivities. We LOVE having them here! I don't know which of our little family loves it the most, since we all really, really enjoy it.

Here is "Aunt Lori," my wonderful sister-in-law, directing the "kids' activities" during quiet time this afternoon. She brought a huge bundle of craft stuff which kept the kids happily entertained for quite a while today.
Below is a picture of the scene after our "official" Christmas dinner and gift exchange. I like this picture a lot, though I know it's nothing special to other people. It's fun for me to see different family members involved in various activities, talking with each other, looking at new gifts, etc.
We were fortunate enough to have Lori's parents here for our celebration, since they "happened" to be passing through our area on their way to Florida for a few months. As is their tradition, they stopped here to visit and stay with my parents. It is always enjoyable to have them here, and they definitely added to the joy tonight! Here they are sitting around the table after dessert, enjoying the time to talk with my parents.
Josiah has been absolutely eating up the cousin time. Here he is with his cousin Jacob, playing a game of mancala.
Oh, there's so much more I could say to adequately capture the unique moments of this particular celebration! However, it will have to wait until I have more energy and brain power (although I'm not sure when exactly that will be!). At least you know I'm still around, and Baby is still cavorting about in the warmth and safety of my womb. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Davene,
So good to catch up on your blog! You are SOOOO close! I also enjoyed the photo session you had. What a precious time and so wonderful that you were able to capture that in photos. I thought after the fact that belly shots would be awesome! I did get some professional shots of Lane as a 3 week old and am so glad I was able to capture those early moments. Merry Christmas to you and Happy New Year! I will be awaiting the news on your arrival! Praying for a safe delivery!
Sharon

Unknown said...

Our Christmas goes on and on, too -- today we had 15 people for lunch (and then invited them to stay on to dinner as we were having such a delightful day) and tomorrow have another group of 12 for morning tea. I so enjoy it (especially since my darling mother-in-law is staying and working her fingers to the bone helping me cater!)
I wish you all the best for your birth.

Crystal said...

Just checking in to see if there's any baby news. :-) I know you're just as ready as I am for your little one to make his appearance. It's so good to see David's family. Do you have any pics of David? Tell them we said "Hello". Praying your body & baby continue to operate perfectly as we approach our Big Days. :)

Promise Christian Academy said...

Hi!
Wow, 16 days! I am excited for you! I am still enjoying my grandbaby... it seems like yesterday she was born!
I like your huge table! Is that for all the time or was it brought out for Christmas? Looks like you had great family time... great for you hosting such a crowd so close to baby day.
I see that the boys have the big cloth checker game, too. It is a favorite around here. My handicap brother-in-law can actually see the checkers and they play tic tac toe on the back.. the kids play for hours to entertain their Uncle Tony!
Hilda Rebecca

Julie said...

Davene, that is exactly what I was thinking out here...hmmmm...I wonder what's going on. Thanks for the update! What a fun celebration!