Monday, December 10, 2007

A Few of My Favorite...Decorations

To continue the theme from the last post... :)
~ I received this cute wall-hanging years ago in a gift exchange in San Diego...I like the quaintness it brings to our hearth area as I hang it above the woodstove (especially when I have various gloves, boots, and jackets of my boys hung by the fire to dry after a fun outing in the snow...which, by the way, is far from happening at this particular moment since our temperature today was 65 here!)
~ some sparkle on the mantel...so easy and inexpensive, but I love it...small gold, silver, white, and clear glass balls randomly placed in an assortment of wine and champagne glasses (gotta make those glasses useful somehow!) :)
~ this is quite possibly my very favorite Christmas decoration, which I bought as a newlywed, working part-time in a Hallmark shop...I was glad to use my employee discount to get this!...but the thing that makes it so very special to me is that it is a pictorial representation of the dreams I had even then (and still have) for my family: an in-love Papa and Mama Bear, and four children, all together, peaceful, loving, joyful...I have a few other Christmas bear decorations, but this is by far the preferred one of all for me...and when I see it, I'm reminded of the gratitude I feel for God helping us get this far along the path to this dream coming true

5 comments:

Bek said...

so u wanna have 4, too, huh? me, too, although now that the 3rd one is a boy, that might change my decision....??!! :)

anyway, would love to hear your supernatural childbirth thoughts when u have them...i had some things i agreed with and some that i disagreed with in that book myself...

Unknown said...

What a sweet reminder that bear family is -- you're on your way to realising the dream!

Bonnie said...

Martha Stewart just did the same thing with ornaments and champaigne glasses in her January issue- but yours look better!

Elizabeth said...

So sweet Davene! I love the the bear family. Thank you for your sweet comments by the way! I feel like I know you because I have read so much of your blog =) Your sooooooo sweettt!!! And very inspiring!!! It looks like you and your family are having a really nice and cozy Christmas season so far =)

Promise Christian Academy said...

That is a great idea for the glasses... so pretty! I did my first decorating with ornaments in a bowl this year... my Mom was cleaning out her Christmas stash and the balls got passed to me... I don't do them on the tree... for some strange reason the cats can't leave the balls alone but won't mess with the others!
Hilda Rebecca