Friday, December 21, 2007

Done!

In this stage of life when I feel like I'm barely squeaking by and not being excellent in anything, it sure is a good feeling to accomplish something...be completely done with it...cross it off the list...and feel satisfied with it.

My accomplishment of this evening was wrapping Christmas gifts--always a fun job for me--but also a project that required an uninterrupted block of time. After I tucked the boys in bed, I sequestered myself in my room to do this job. They knew what I was doing; and for a while after I went into my room, they were still awake in their room across the hall. Anytime I would come out--to take a gift downstairs, to get supplies, or whatever--they peppered me with questions. Josiah, in particular, is very interested in knowing what came recently in the mail in a large package for him. :)

As I wrapped each gift, it was fun to pray for the recipient and to imagine their joy when they open it. As I mentioned before, I'm a gifts person...but one of the good thing about gifts people is that they not only love to receive gifts, they truly love to give them. Giving gifts to those I love is undoubtedly one of the best parts of Christmas for me.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I also enjoy buying thoughtful token gifts for Christmas -- and I love wrapping them! We do have a limit of $15 for each gift, and the young adults of the family host a Secret Santa, so I only have one $50 gift to buy between seven of us. Geoff and I don't give eachother gifts, but must buy or make Christmas cards (the tackier and more over-the-top the better). I always find it impossible to think of anything I want over Christmas.
I recently visited a friend who looked as though she had wrapped an entire department store and placed it under her tree -- she had bought 26 gifts for family, at $50 or so each! Frightening!

Christin said...

Yep, tonight is our final "wrap session". I also love getting stuff DONE!! ...especially when I'm about ready to deliver. hee hee

How's the book Supernatural Preg. coming? re-reading it?

Davene said...

I should mention, just to clarify, that the only gifts beneath the tree are for our immediate family--Jeff, Davene, Josiah, David--and my parents. We used to draw names in my family with all the siblings and spouses, but eventually we decided to eliminate that to simplify Christmas. I'm really glad we did. With living so far apart, it was hard to really know what the person whose name we had would like...so lots of gift certificates were given...which is fine...but I definitely feel like the holidays should be simplified and really be a holy celebration, not a mad running around from one activity to the other with huge debts incurred along the way.

We were fortunate enough to get many of the gifts we're giving from eBay...and because we sell things on eBay, we can use that money to turn around and buy things with essentially "free" money. It's a huge blessing!

So, Morning, I appreciate your reminder to not go overboard with Christmas gifts. That is so very true! Thank you!!!

And Christin, about Supernatural Childbirth, I'm mulling it over. I still want to write more about it; but at the rate I'm going, this baby will be born before I get around to it. Someday, I'll have time for that... ;) But yes, it is in my thoughts a lot. Thanks for asking!

Misty said...

I still have a few things to wrap... I've been a little distracted lately ;) . I need to let Trinity help me wrap her gift to Houston but can't seem to get alone with her! I guess I better hurry!