Saturday, December 22, 2007

Still the One

One day this week, the song "Still the One" came on the radio; and I, not having heard it for a long time, said impulsively, "Oh, I like this song!" Josiah's question, not surprisingly, was "Why?" So I happily explained to him that the song was about a woman who had been married to her husband for a long time but loved him more than ever and was so glad that he was her husband. That explanation seemed to satisfy him, for which I was grateful. :)

That song and the memory of that conversation stuck with me, and they have been a sweet reminder this week of how very blessed I am to have this man for my husband. I was thrilled to have the photographer take some pictures of us as a couple last week, since until one of our children gets old enough to actually take pictures that aren't blurry (Josiah tries, but inevitably his pictures are indeed blurry), we don't often get the chance for these couple shots.

I can't imagine going through this pregnancy without the support and understanding and tender love of my wonderful husband...from the humorous times when he makes power equipment noises to imitate a crane in the middle of the night as I groan my way from one side to the other, to the teary times when he asks me kindly what's wrong and helps to ease whatever load is burdening me. He is definitely still the one for me!



4 comments:

New Mom said...

Love the first picture. So pretty and you both look so happy!

Misty said...

I have to say that I love the first one too! I have a picture of Chris kissing my belly when I was pregnant with Trinity (we had maternity pictures done then)... funny thing is we are wearing like exactly the same outfits as the two of you, white button down shirts and jeans... very cute! :)

Christin said...

I LOVE these pictures!!!! What more could I say?

Crystal said...

Awwww, beautiful post. You made me cry. :-) BTW, I love that song, too.