Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Week 34

Week 34 is over and gone, but I wanted to get this picture posted before this moment of time becomes too much of a distant memory! Once again, I'm in awe of Jeff's picture-taking and picture-editing. Gotta love those photo programs that enable a picture to be changed quite a bit! One of these days, I'll tell you about a woman named Ralia and some picture-editing that encouraged her...

As I think back to this past week of pregnancy, the overwhelming impression for me is how strongly my mental attitude affects my physical feelings. I had a few rough weeks--of discomfort, fatigue, eagerness for this pregnancy to be over, etc.--but this week, God has graciously given me a positive outlook again...and it's truly made all the difference. I feel grateful again for each day of this pregnancy...I feel like I can really enjoy this time...I feel content with this phase of life. I'm sure a variety of factors contributed to this change of heart, and maybe one of these days I'll take the time to write them down. But for now, I'm simply happy--happy to be pregnant, and happy to be happy to be pregnant! :)

6 comments:

Promise Christian Academy said...

You look beautiful... and content!
Enjoy these days!
Hilda Rebecca

pyrotechny said...

you loook maahhhvelous, daaahhling..(and you know who you aare!)

Misty said...

I am definitely in that "This pregnancy can't be over soon enough!" category. Glad you are enjoying the moment :)

Elizabeth said...

You look BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love to read about you being encouraged during difficult times. I admire your constant positiveness! I want to be like that when we have children. Its an exciting time =)

Kristy said...

Davene, you look absolutely beautiful...wow! So glad you are enjoying these last few weeks of pregnancy. It really is such a special time in life. Treasure the moments of this little one in you for the last few weeks!

Melissa said...

Hi! I use to read your blog when you first became pregnant with your third child and somehow I let so long go by without reading anyone's blog! So...I wanted to comment on this picture and act as if I hadn't waited until your baby was months old before posting on one of those newer posts. haha!

You're beautiful in this picture. Your husband did a wonderful job capturing it!

Melissa :D