Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Week 35


The highlight of this week of pregnancy is easy to identify: a photo session we had with a professional photographer on Sunday to shoot some maternity pictures. This was a dream come true for me--literally, something I had wanted "forever" and had specifically been planning for a very long time. Even when we were still living in Israel and making plans to move back to this house, I knew exactly which walls I wanted to hang these pictures on, and what else to surround the photos with...but I just didn't have the pictures yet. Now I do!!! :)

Our original plan for the photographer we were going to use fell through, so we went to Plan B. But it all worked out very well, and we were pleased with the photographer's manner, expertise, and price. We also were thrilled that he gave us a disk with all the pictures he shot, along with permission to edit in any way we wish and print it whenever and however we desire. He took the pics on Sunday, and gave us the disk today--sooner than we expected--and now comes the fun part: the editing. Jeff is actually much better at that than I am, but I think we'll both have fun playing around with it in the days to come.

For now, I thought I'd share these two pics just for fun, since I was really pleased with how they turned out even without editing.

On the other side of the coin, the hard part of this week has been fatigue. I am so tired. I have had to really push myself to accomplish anything this week. I'd much rather stay home, "sit on my egg" til it's ready, and enjoy my nest...but duty calls, and I must answer. Fortunately, our schedule really is getting lighter, with things more spaced out; and every time something ends (like Josiah's swimming lessons or like our Friday night potlucks), I feel a sense of relief that I've made it through one more thing and can take a break from it and focus on this upcoming birth.

I have to remind myself often that I won't feel this way forever. Someday I will have energy. Someday I will feel excited again about a project. Someday I will make big plans for planting flowerbeds...or organizing the closet in the guest room...or even simply accomplishing all the laundry. But for now, I crawl along at a snail's pace, maintaining what absolutely must be done (but not doing a great job with anything, I feel) and counting the hours until I can either take a nap or go to bed.

This too shall pass... :)

4 comments:

Julie said...

Awww...welcome to my life ALL THE TIME ;-) which is why I know that God gave you to me as a friend. I love your positive perspectives.

I remember vividly my pregnancy with Chloe checking off the things that were done...the final thing being Kirk's b'day party on Jan 26 She was born the 29th. After Kirk's party I thought, "nothing else...now I can have a baby." You are in the HOME STRETCH (while I am rounding first base), and you look beautiful doing it. Better start thinking about where we're eating next before you have your baby (just thought a repeat performance would be fun!). Love you!!!!

Crystal said...

Oh, Davene.... I love sharing this pregnancy with you. I am so completey in the same place. Unfortunately, I can't slow down yet. After Christmas, I'm looking forward to breathing again, literally & figuratively. (Do you feel like your lungs are smushed, too?) I hope you get some good rest this week. And your pictures are beautiful!! :)

New Mom said...

Ohh I really like the first one. I like the lighting, very pretty scene by the fire.

Elizabeth said...

They look great! You look BEAUTIFUL! =)