Monday, December 3, 2007

Week 33

Here I am at 33 weeks, sitting in one of the rockers in front of our local Cracker Barrel restaurant. I know I really should be standing to get the full effect of my "growth," but who can resist the lure of these old-fashioned rockers? Certainly a 33-week pregnant woman cannot stay on her feet when these are near! In fact, she probably can't stay on her feet for long, even when these wonderful rocking chairs are not around...but that's another issue... :)

At the beginning of this week, I had another appointment with one of the midwives who is caring for me; and it went so smoothly--just like silk. Everything continues to look fine, which is such a huge blessing; and I don't take it for granted.

The one weird thing about this week of pregnancy is the continued strange vision in my right eye. It's mostly just a nuisance, but I do catch myself seeing things that aren't really there: like dirt on a dish that's coming out of the dishwasher, spots on laundry before I wash it, mice on the counter (remember, it's not really there!), a bug on my arm, etc. Strange stuff! It's hard not to be able to trust my own eyes. :)

I talked with the midwife about this, and she didn't seem concerned at all. She said that it's almost certainly a result of increased blood volume during pregnancy which can affect the optical pressure in the eye which can result in the changed vision...which should return to normal shortly after delivery, if not before. She recommended waiting until at least a week or two after delivery before calling an eye doctor to get it evaluated further. Each time I notice my eye really acting up, I think to myself, "I sure hope I'm not going blind!" I can be such a pessimist when it comes to my own health; it's so easy to imagine the worst (and so unproductive...and so essentially faithless...so I try not to dwell on those thoughts).

I'm going to call it a night as far as blogging goes, although there is really a lot more I would like to write about--and fun pictures to post from various activities recently. However, I am on a mission to get my Christmas letters sent out early this year, so I'm inspired to remove myself from the computer now so I can go stuff envelopes. Fun, fun, fun! :) I actually did send out the first batch of Christmas letters today, so if you're on my list and your last name starts with A-F, you just might get yours soon. If, however, you are so unfortunate as to have a last name that begins with W, Y, or Z, you might be waiting a while--and depending on how life goes for me in the next few weeks, you may never receive one. If so, please don't be offended--just change your last name to something starting with an A or a B. :)

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Can I just say you look wonderful for 33 weeks? Both of my babies were due in February, and come this time of years, I looked like a beached whale.
Have fun with your envelope stuffing!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you would put me last! Why not start in reverse next time!

Unknown said...

43 days to go! Goodness, but it's not long -- how exciting.
I'm also doing my cards -- it is an enjoyable task, but needs to be split into manageable groupings, just as you do.

Christin said...

You're ahead of me. I decided that I'd LIKE to send out cards. But havent done anything past that. :/