Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Stories

Recently in our Learning Time, we have been enjoying Christmas stories together--some from our own collection of books and some from the library. I decided to go through our bookshelves and pull out all the books that are specifically for Christmas, then put them in a basket in the living room to make it easy to find them and relish them during this holiday season (rather than, say, discovering a book in February and thinking "oh, I really wanted to read that to Josiah in December!"). So this morning I found 18 books that we own that are children's Christmas books...
...and I put them in this basket...
...books from "This Little Donkey"...
...to "One Wintry Night" and lots of reading levels in between.

It makes me want to curl up on the couch with my boys and do nothing but read! :)

2 comments:

Christin said...

I love baskets full of stuff! Makes the whole house feel cozy

Lisa said...

I like your organization idea...but most of all thank you for the reading suggestions! I've been needing some good Christmas books and these look perfect.