Saturday, April 19, 2008

Away for the Weekend

We're off! Soon we'll head back to West Virginia for Jeff to lead a Seder dinner tonight and to preach tomorrow morning on a military base in Sugar Grove. This will be the first night that Tobin has been away from home, so I'm curious to see how he'll do! The weather here is glorious, and it's the perfect time of year to get away for a night and enjoy the beautiful countryside.

But before we go, I'll post one picture. This is of some surprise guests yesterday who happened to be passing through our town and stopped by (they did call yesterday morning to let us know, so it wasn't a total surprise!). The woman sitting next to my mother in the picture is Carolyn, my mom's cousin, and her husband Roger is holding Tobin. These folks are great! They live in Pennsylvania, and we've only seen them once since we've moved back to the East Coast...but obviously, it didn't take our boys long to warm up to them! We always enjoy our visits with Roger and Carolyn, and we're so glad they decided to come by!!!
Happy Passover, everyone!!! :)

3 comments:

New Mom said...

Have a good trip! When you come back and get all settled, pop over to my blog, I posted a response to your comment on The Bib Says It All under the comments section. I had another question, if you don't mind :}

Marie said...

We will miss you Davene! Please be safe and I hope the speaking goes well! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Christin said...

that swing of yours is getting put to good use...a LOT, isn't it?!! :D