Thursday, April 3, 2008

Birthday Blessings, Part Two

The birthday fun continued on Tuesday when Jeff got home from work bearing a surprise bag of goodies: a romantic and meaningful card, two boxes of chocolates, and two books, one of which was Noah's Ark by Rien Poortvliet. Do you know this author/artist? Jeff's mom is the one who first introduced me to his books, and they are phenomenal. I wasn't expecting any gifts from Jeff on Tuesday because I knew what the big gift was that he was getting for me, and we were planning to pick it up on Wednesday. But I'm getting ahead of myself...

Tuesday evening we had a really nice dinner out at Dona Rosa's with my parents and our friends Omar and Anna Kathryn. I love the avocado salad at this restaurant, as well as all the other food I've had there. It was delicious and fun, and any time I don't have to cook or clean up is a good thing. :)
~ Omar and Anna Kathryn regale us with tales of their life in Africa
~ Tobin, the little sleeping prince
~ David, the adventurer, who kept telling Jeff as he was helping David eat his beans, "They're hot"...but Jeff said, "Oh, they're not really hot"...when I took a bite, I realized that they were indeed spicy...David, our little guy who asks Jeff to please share his jalapenos with him, bravely ate all the spicy beans!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Sorry I missed it, I obviously don't blog very often. I'm happy to hear it was a good day.