Saturday, April 12, 2008

David

Another incredible picture from our photo shoot with Lisa (AKA Lisa, the Beautiful, with long blond hair...Lisa, the Talented, with obvious, overflowing skill...and Lisa, the Wise, for the way she patiently and kindly related to my boys during our time together)! David kept saying all during the shoot, "I have an idea!" (about how to pose and who should be in the picture) which seemed likely to drive Lisa crazy, but she claims she actually loved it. :)

And to accompany this picture, here is a random quote from David that I jotted down recently: When I was a monkey, I used to climb up pine trees and hang my tail from a branch.

What? Where did that come from??? It amuses me how seriously David speaks when such outrageous things come out of his mouth. He looks up with his big blue eyes and opens his mouth to speak, and all I can say afterwards is, "O-kay. That's interesting!" :)

The other thing that stands out to me is how, only a year ago, I thought he had a speech problem since he just didn't talk. That sure has changed! And I'm so glad, because I love to hear what's going on inside his beautiful, blond head. :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Davene, I did love photographing your boys! I loved how involved they wanted to be. Believe me, I've had some grumps who didn't want to have their photos taken at all and it was like pulling teeth to get even a small smile out of them.

Josiah and David's enthusiasm was refreshing.;-)

Anonymous said...

He is so precious. I love to hear stories of your children and the funny things they do and say.

I have been meaning to tell you that I love the picture on your header!!

Elizabeth said...

Your boys are so precious!

I can see that Josiah is the strong serious older brother and David is the little character =)

Im excited to see Tobin's personality =)

Lisa did such a nice job =)