Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Birthday Blessings, Part One

I intended to write more tonight, but oh my, look at the time! So I'll simply say that I had a superb birthday, made special by many things, including the wonderful comments and emails that I received from so many friends. Thank you!

Another great part of my birthday was the beautiful weather yesterday (76 degrees...perfect for a girl born in '76!), and the fun time my boys and I had as we played outside yesterday afternoon.

~ Josiah, the mighty hunter

~ David swinging...he looks so big in that little baby swing...can't believe how much he's grown since last summer!

~ it was so beautiful that, for the first time, I laid Tobin out on the grass on this special blanket that my mother made for us when Josiah was a baby...Tobin had fun kicking and punching the air while I jumped on our neighbors' trampoline...that's right, I put aside all my dignity and jumped like a wild woman on that thing...such fun! and good exercise, too...I highly recommend it!...fortunately, Tobin is too little to take pictures and the neighbor girls are Old Order Mennonite and don't know how to use a camera, so there was no one to preserve the evidence of my gleeful jumping :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely day! Congratulations on your birthday -- blessings to you!

Crystal said...

Davene, I'm tagging you.....check out my blog when you get a moment. :)

Christin said...

That's so funny...another friend of mine just blogged about their trampoline experience. made me want to get one for our family.

too bad no one got you on it though. BUT I suppose you can always do a "re-enactment". Jeff DOES know how to use a camera. And you CAN always get BACK on, right? hee hee

pyrotechny said...

We have a photo of MY MOTHER on our trampoline...(believe it or not) They are really great fun.

BTW, your mother made me a beautiful crocheted blanket for my children, which is now packed away for my grandchildren...what a blessing !!!

Glad to share April with you-birthday bud!

Davene said...

Julie, I would love to see that pic of your mom on the trampoline! :) Good for her for being so adventurous. Of course, the crazy go-cart driving I've seen at the 4th of July parties has convinced me of your parents' adventurous side!!!

That is so sweet about the crocheted blanket my mom made for you...I'm so glad you told me about that because I had no idea. :)

Aren't April birthdays the best? :)