Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Signs of Spring

Today was a spectacular spring day, and I took advantage of the warmth and sunshine to walk around outside and take some pictures.
~ daffodil in the front flowerbed
~ vibrant tulips
~ it's so interesting to peek inside these softly-colored tulips and see such dark, contrasting "insides"
~ hyacinth near a fringe tree
~ this was my favorite picture: October Glory maples sprouting little leaves...but more interestingly, the seed pods are developed (the upside-down V-shaped things)...they look like little helicopters to me, and I remember my brother David and I flying maple helicopters often when we were young
~ look what else I found outside today!...one more sign of spring: someone enjoying an afternoon nap on our new swing...isn't it great that Jeff can enjoy the birthday gift he got for me? :)

And speaking of birthdays, someone really special is having one tomorrow...

4 comments:

Misty said...

Oh.. I know who it is!! :) Do I win a prize?..lol We enjoyed the wonderful spring weather today as well...I sometimes wish we had a yard with such pretty flowers as well. Maybe one day. I love the pictures!

Can't wait to see you all tomorrow!

New Mom said...

Oh my goodness, how beautiful! I can't believe you have that many flowers blooming in your yard!

Julie said...

Beautiful pictures of your flowers. Gotta love spring!

Beth said...

Hi Davene! Thank you so much for visiting! Please come back and visit again. My husband Chris is James Hiter's brother. They are such an amazing family! How fun that you know them. What a small world!!!
I look forward to checking out your site as well and getting to know you better. Isn't blogging fun?