Sunday, June 24, 2007

Confessions of a Non-Crafty Mom

I have to admit...I'm not a crafty mom. I'm not at all likely to whip out a glue stick and some glitter and dive into a fancy project. I'd MUCH rather sit on the couch and read stories to my boys rather than...gulp...do crafts.

So at a very lovely lunch yesterday with two friends, I was understandably a bit jealous to hear that the daughter of one of my friends has been doing lots of crafts this summer with her little siblings. I sure could use one of those older daughters around here! But, sigh, there's only me.

However, in my plan for homeschooling, I made the decision to do a special activity/project once a week. And this week's project was tissue paper art! I told you I'm simple. It could have been origami...or tissue paper rosebuds...or something really nice like that...but no, we spread glue on construction paper, wadded up tissue paper, and voila, a craft!!! I actually think Josiah's favorite part of it was using his special scissors (which he still pronounces "zizzers") to cut strips of tissue paper.

To be fair to myself, I didn't even make up this project--no original craft ideas here! Instead, I got it out of a Prime Time Together...with Kids book that was given to me by someone who probably realized that I needed a little help in this area! :)

Anyway, I think Josiah is a cutie pie...and I also think his "art" looks spectacular!!!


1 comment:

Julie said...

Do I hear a cry for a "craft buddy" to come over to do crafts with Josiah and David once a week in the summer? Hmmm...that's a thought to ponder.

And I'm proud of you for doing that little bit of something rather than the lot of nothing!!! You're a great teacher-mom!