Monday, January 7, 2008

All's Quiet on the Baby Front

No birth...no labor...not even any significant contractions. In fact, I've felt better today than I've felt for weeks. If things could continue like this, I wouldn't mind being pregnant until my due date or beyond! :)

However, tomorrow is Josiah's first choir class of the spring semester, and I distinctly remember when we had our last class of the fall semester back in November and I thought to myself, "I sure hope I'm not still pregnant when I see these people again!" Looks like that hope will be dashed... :)

But other than that, life is really good again. Last week (Sunday, Dec. 30 to Sunday, Jan. 6) was so full of discomfort for me that I was really hitting the "let's just get this baby out" stage. Today I felt content to still be pregnant, grateful for the remaining time of carrying this little one inside me, and energetic enough to tackle some organizing projects in the garage. It was great fun!

Today, randomly, the third person (my next-door neighbor Wilma) predicted January 10 as the baby's birthday. She joins my sister Donna and my sister-in-law Kim in feeling like that day is the one. I thought maybe I should start a poll on this blog and see who could come the closest to guessing the date of birth and the baby's weight...but then I couldn't think of any good prize to send to the winners...and what good is a contest without a prize? :)

4 comments:

Chris said...

Davene--a good prize would be an autographed picture of the baby. (the autograph would be the baby's footprint). (This was Misty's idea, I am not creative enough to think of something this good....lol)

Kristy said...

So glad you are feeling well and able to enjoy these last few days of pregnancy! I keep checking back to see if you have had the little guy yet. ;)

My friend actually did a baby pool online with all her friends. You should check out www.expectnet.com and you can enter your due date and then all your friends and family can enter their guess! A little entertainment while you await the arrival of your little man! :)

Bonnie said...

My guess is you'll go anytime, if the old adage about a burst of energy just before labor is true. Wasn't for me, but my mom was scrubbing floors the day before I was born , and another woman I know was out baleing hay the *day* she had her baby.
I also heard somewhere that prophecys are usually confirmed in 3's, so maybe it will be the 10th.
Waiting to hear your news!

Valerie said...

My guess (actully, this is FOR SURE!!) is that this precious little one will be born on just the day (and at just the minute) that the Lord has ordained for him to make his arrival!! An encouraging thought to keep in mind when folks are asking, "Haven't you had that baby yet?!" (As if the expecatnt mom has much to do with it!!) We should all give you some "quick" comebacks to say when you are greeted like that!
Glad you are feeling better---May God continue to sustain and encourage you as you wait to greet this little blessing!