Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Dinosaurs Everywhere!

One of the current passions of Josiah's life is dinosaurs. I don't think I ever had a fascination with dinosaurs; maybe it's his boy genes that make him that way? In any case, he is having a great time playing with his dinosaurs, pretending to be one, listening to stories about them, etc....and I am having a great time learning all the stuff about them that I probably was supposed to learn years ago but never did! And, oh my, is Josiah ever quick to correct me if I get a fact wrong about a dinosaur!

For Christmas, Josiah was able to use a gift card that his Grandma Fisher sent him to buy this set of dinosaurs (among numerous other things he's gotten with that gift card!); and he's enjoyed setting up the dinosaurs and having them fight each other--a good outlet for the aggressive side of his nature, right? :)

Another Christmas dinosaur treat for Josiah was the Wee Sing Dinosaur CD and booklet that our friend Doris gave him. I have been familiar with Wee Sing products for quite some time, but I had no idea they had a set devoted to dinosaurs. It is fantastic! Such a fun way to learn without even trying!

3 comments:

Misty said...

I am not sure if it is Josiah's boy genes... Trinity looves dinosuars and has about a million (I think we actually have the set that Josiah just got.) You all will have to come over so tey can play dinosaurs together!

Lisa said...

Every little boy must go through the dino phase. We have that here as well. One of the dinosaurs around our house keeps freaking me out because it's 2ft tall!! I think I might have to hide it!;-)

Chris said...

Watch out! Dinosaurs were my passion right up into my bachelor degree years!!...I still love them...make sure you ground him in creation and educate him about evolution early and teach him (and maybe yourself) how to refute it. (I have some books on it in my library).