Monday, January 21, 2008

Back to School

Today was back to school day in the Fisher household.

It wasn't that I felt the least bit of pressure to jump back into homeschooling. I did realize, however, that my firstborn, who is even more schedule-oriented than I (if that were possible), would probably adjust to the new baby in the house better if some semblance of normality would return quickly to our routine. So today we pulled out a few books and had such fun together: lots of good reading time, snuggle time, doing geography puzzle time, etc. Not a bit of stress attached to it...not a hint of "I must get through this kindergarten work before the end of May"...simply pleasant learning time.
Tomorrow we have a friend coming to visit in the morning, so we may or may not do any schoolwork. But either way is fine! We're flexible...
And, by the way, I've had two good days in a row, so already this week is looking brighter than last week! :)

4 comments:

Misty said...

Told ya it would get easier... but you already knew that anyway :)

Julie said...

Glad that your week is off to a good start. I'm sure Josiah anjoyed his time with you.

Julie said...

ummm..Enjoyed....grrr...typos

Bek said...

glad u had fun with it! and must say i'm impressed.....AND the good day/bad day scenario a couple posts back, made me laugh and remember and be prepared all at once....:)