Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Current Belly Situation

Jeff wanted to take a few more pictures of my (huge, gigantic, enormous) belly before the baby is born...so at 38 weeks, 5 days, this is what I looked like. Then last night, I decided I just couldn't sleep until Jeff had measured my belly, so he did that for me. The result: 45 inches. Wow. I'm simply amazed. This morning I looked in the pregnancy journal I kept during Josiah's pregnancy to see what I measured at the end of that pregnancy. It was 42 inches. No wonder my maternity clothes don't fit anymore. Those 3 inches definitely make a big difference!

Last night was another night of sleeping for a while, then awakening with contractions, getting excited thinking that this might be the day, having a snack (in the middle of the night, my appetite seems as large as my belly), then going back to bed and sleeping til morning, only to awaken and realize the contractions have stopped and it's time to shift to waiting mode again. This is beginning to feel very familiar...

8 comments:

Christin said...

:) Charis was standing here when I first opened this blog. Her reaction? "Woah! that's a BIG belly!!" hee hee

You look great! And I'm so amazed that you have NO stretch marks!

Lisa said...

That is one big belly my dear! You're a brave woman to post the photo. I wanted to go into hiding when my belly was huge!

you look good and I know that little guy is packing his bags and ready to arrive. ;-)

Julie said...

You know, all of those contrax ARE doing something and getting you that much closer to your goal of babytime. Such a process. Hang in, mama! You look great and are certainly brave to post blog belly pix....but that's cause yours is cute ;-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! It is so amazing to see tat sweet little belly that is so full of life. I regret not taking a full belly shot. You never get that back! He is just getting ready for D day. I will be praying for you as you anticipate his arrival! I know you are very eager.
Thinking of you.
Sharon

pyrotechny said...

What is amazing, I think,and you can't see in a photo is when "who" inside moves...and everything with him! What fun!

Foxy5 said...

I'm agreeing with Christin... a beautiful stretch mark free baby belly. Mine looks like a road map... of a very very busy metropolis.

Kristy said...

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful. Can't wait to see you and the clan in Israel!