Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Chef Jeff

Ah, New Year's Day! No work for Jeff...a chance to sleep in and then lounge around in pajamas. Wonderful!

The relaxation was too much for Jeff, and he decided that he needed to get busy in the kitchen. But, what to make? Cookies? Plenty of cookies around here. Chocolate or candy? No, too much of that recently. How about pizza? Sure, what a great idea!

So Jeff made some yummy pizza for our lunch on New Year's Day--homemade crust, homemade sauce, everything. It was delicious!
~ assembling the ingredients and checking the recipe he got off the Internet
~ serving up a delicious slice
~ the finished product
Then, to top everything off, Jeff did me a huge favor and painted my toenails for me. I was extremely grateful, especially because in recent weeks I've barely even seen my toenails, much less been able to lean over enough to paint them myself. Now when I peer precariously downward, it surely is nice to catch a glimpse of cheerful color on the end of my toes. And really, isn't labor much more pleasant when one's toenails are painted??? :)

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Davene, that's exactly what I want Kee to do tonight - paint my toenails!! Having pretty toenails is (for some strange reason) very important to me everyday of my life, but especially important for labor. :) I feel like when I get the house completely prepared & my toes "prettied up", I'll be ready. And I wear a toe ring too! :)

Lisa said...

Like I said before, Nomination for Husband of the Year for Jeff! He is so attentive to you...what a sweetie!!!

Bek said...

YES it is. and i was just thinking that it is time for andy to paint mine. he's painted them for me once each pregnancy. and it is time....can't even see them....:)

pyrotechny said...

Nope, never had Brian paint mine.. I have found that his strong hands are better utilized doing other things to my feet (smile- and I have two little girls who love to paint!) BUT! I DO know how nice it is to have them "dressed up" for the occasion. I AM SURE the medical staff would appreciate the extra care LOL!