Thursday, January 31, 2008

First Haircut

Tobin had his first haircut yesterday. "So soon?" you might wonder. "At only 18 days old???" Well, what can I say? That's what happens when your daddy is a barber. :)

Actually, Jeff has given all of our boys haircuts when they were very young; and it's a deliberate (and wise) strategy: this way, when they're a year or two or three old, they'll be so familiar with the feel and sound of scissors and clippers that they won't be scared of or fight against haircuts! So far, it's worked very well with Josiah and David; and they both think it's a treat to go to the barbershop and have Daddy cut their hair--unlike some children Jeff has to deal with.

With Tobin yesterday, Jeff trimmed the hair around his ears and cut some off the back--just enough to make it a little neater. Tobin still has quite a head of hair though! And, by the way, Tobin did great through the haircut. I think he cried once, but quickly quieted down and relaxed in his daddy's arms and lap.



6 comments:

Lisa said...

You have no idea how wise that is??!! Or I guess you do.;-)

Isaac is terrified of the clippers AND barbers. He screams and cries when we have tried to take him to get his hair cut. Now I'm left with my attempts at barbering. Pathetic and sad but I'm slowly getting it.

Wish we lived closer so Jeff could help us out!

Christin said...

That boy of your is HUGE!!! He'll be bigger than my youngest in no time! :)

ADorable pictures

Julie said...

I spy mommy in the picture!

Foxy5 said...

Very smart. I never would have thought of that. I put off cutting my kids hair as long as I could. Your way is much better. :) I like the pictures, the last one specially. Very sweet.

pyrotechny said...

We have a great lady who has always done our children too, and have had no problems. But what absolutely adorable photos!!

Kimberly said...

I'd say he's relaxed!

I've missed your sweet comments. Now I know what you've been up to! Congratulations! I'm still in a bit of a baby bubble myself, and haven't been visiting others' blogs too much lately.

He's adorable and I love the swing picture!