Thursday, March 8, 2007

Chess Masters

"I think this is how you set up these funny black and white things."
"Wow, look how good Josiah is at getting the pieces set up. He makes it look just like Daddy does it! Maybe someday I'll learn. For now, I'm gonna suck my thumb and watch."

Jeff is very good at chess; and he has passed down his love of the game to Josiah who, from an early age, was interested in playing with the pieces, loading them into dump trucks, eventually learning where to put them on the board, learning their correct names, learning how each piece moves, etc. We obviously think he's a genius because he's only 4 and he knows how to play chess! :)
Now David is becoming interested in chess as well, although he is still very much at the let-me-see-if-I-can-get-these-pieces-to-stand-up-without-knocking-them-over stage!


5 comments:

Julie said...

Of course he's a genius! What a smart young man :-)

Julie said...

Of course he's a genius! What a smart young man :-)

Davene said...

First-borns always are geniuses, aren't they, Julie? :)

Julie said...

Of course they are, which is why that above comment posted twice!

Davene said...

You crack me up! Thanks for the laughs!!!