Friday, March 2, 2007

David's Family Night



Tonight was David's Family Night, so we celebrated with (once again) mac & cheese for dinner (plus home-canned green beans and peaches), a game of Uno afterwards (David LOVES to play this game...he helps me as we play; when it's my turn, I hand my card to David, and he places it on the pile...plus, he always wants us to tell him what number and color are on each card), and a bubble bath for the boys.
One thing that we always do during Family Night is take turns sharing what is special to us about the person we're honoring that night, and I write it all down in a journal so we can look back and remember these fleeting moments. So this is what we shared about David tonight...
Things we love about David and thank God for:
Josiah said: that you're my brother and you're also my friend...the way you find the letter "x,"...the way you play with bouncy balls
Jeff said: the way you point at the letters...the way you come to the top of the steps when I get home and you're so excited to see me...the way you get excited to take baths...your smile...the way you waddle when you walk
I said: the way you were so snuggly and cuddly recently when you were sick...the way you love your big brother and try to do the things he does...the way you're so enthusiastic in your voice and facial expressions

No comments: