Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Fresh Flowers on the Dinner Table


One of the many joys of spring and summer around here is having fresh flowers from our yard on the dinner table. Last night for the first time, I was able to do that!

As I was hanging laundry outside on our clothesline yesterday, I noticed these hyacinths in our back flower bed. I didn't even know there were any hyacinth bulbs back there! But lo and behold, these beautiful flowers had opened in our warm spring air; and I was delighted to be able to cut some for our table.

I thought the contrast in these pictures was interesting. The only difference between them is that I used the flash when I took the first one and only used natural light for the second one. The actual color of the flowers is more purple than blue--more like the second picture than the first.

No comments: