Friday, March 2, 2007

Anti-procra...Well, Whatever!

Anti-procrastination week came to a screeching halt yesterday when sickness landed me flat on my back on the couch! Through all the previous fever/sore throat/runny noses/cough stuff that Josiah and David got in California and Jeff suffered from after we returned, I had stayed strong and healthy--and was so grateful for that blessing! I had even told someone, "I hope if I get sick, it's AFTER everybody else in the family feels better!" Well, my wish was granted :) ... only for me, it was intense nausea that knocked me out yesterday. It started yesterday morning with faint uneasy twinges in my stomach. While the boys napped yesterday afternoon, I slept as well; but by the time David woke up from his nap, I was not feeling well at all. In fact, when I got him out of bed and had to change his (incredibly smelly, full) poopy diaper, I literally thought I was going to pass out. I kept chanting, "God is with me, God is with me," like Webster does in the Hermie movies...and managed to remain upright long enough to get a clean diaper on David before putting him on the floor and almost collapsing there beside him before I could recover enough to finish putting his clothes back on.

I sure felt like a little kid again as I called my mom: "Mom, I'm sick. Can you come help me?" Fortunately, she was able to come to my rescue and stayed here with me until Jeff got home from work. Thank God for moms who live close by and run to their daughters in time of need! All during the evening, I could not even stand up or sit up without feeling terribly nauseous. At bedtime I dragged myself up the steps to bed and managed to actually sleep well until...

Shortly after midnight, Josiah screamed, "Daddy, I throwed up!" Yep, sure enough, I didn't throw up at all yesterday, but Josiah did...we like to share the love and the germs around here! Jeff had put him to bed, so he jumped up to help him when Josiah called for him...but I also wanted to help so I sat up and gingerly put my feet on the floor to see if I could stand without the room spinning. Amazingly, I could! What a wonderful feeling! I was able to help Jeff get Josiah cleaned up and even take the dirty sheets down to the laundry room and get a load of laundry going in the middle of the night.

I wasn't sure if I was really feeling better, or if it was just "doing what had to be done." But even this morning, I felt better; and even though my stomach still feels a little weird, today has been a MUCH better day. There's nothing like a little sickness to make me appreciate my health!

Needless to say, I didn't get anything on my anti-procrastination list done yesterday...and so far today, I haven't either. Oh well, there's always tomorrow! :)

No comments: