Friday, March 30, 2007

Soccer, Waffles, Checkers, Chess, Mancala, and Candyland




What do all the things in the title have in common? Well, they are all part of Josiah's family night!
Jeff got home from work early tonight--yippee!--so while I made dinner, he took the boys outside and played soccer with them. I was able to have peace and quiet while I made waffles and orange sauce and blueberry sauce; I was surprised (but happy) that Josiah requested waffles instead of his usual mac & cheese from a box.
Then the agenda for after dinner was one game each of checkers, chess, mancala, and Candyland (which was added by Josiah so that there would be a game that David could play--how thoughtful!).
As usual, we shared things about Josiah for which we thank God.
~ Jeff said: that Josiah loves to play...that Josiah loves to come to the barbershop and that he's a joy to everyone there.
~ Josiah wanted to share something so he said he's thankful that he has every part of his body.
~ I said: that Josiah is old enough to do things like soccer lessons and music class, and old enough to have such interesting conversations with us...I love every stage of his life; but even when he was a little baby, I looked forward to this stage...it's so much fun to do things with him and/or watch him do them (like music and soccer).


No comments: