Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Ultimate Gift

Last night was date night for Jeff and I, and it was wonderful. After eating subs at Quizno's (I had a coupon for a free sub), we went to the theater and saw The Ultimate Gift. Wow, what a fantastic movie--one of the best I've seen in a long time!!! I definitely give it two thumbs up...and if I had a third thumb, it would be straight up in the air, too. I won't write about the plot here, in case anyone reading this hasn't seen it yet, but I highly recommend it. Very touching, and very well-done, I thought.

We returned home to two sleeping boys...but about 10:30 last night, Josiah woke up and was sick with a fever of 103.6 degrees (that's his highest recorded temperature) and was complaining of a headache and hurting legs. I wasn't too alarmed...just called my dad for advice...then gave Josiah some Motrin. He slept pretty well the rest of the night and is acting like his normal, chipper self today, although he still has a fever.

I wasn't too surprised about Josiah getting sick because last week our neighbors were sick and I babysat their girls one day. We were all sitting close together on the couch as I was reading stories to them; and when the girls would cough, I could just "see" the germs flying around in the air. Oh, well, all these little bugs now are just serving to strengthen Josiah's immune system, right? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beware!. Houston caught that same type of bug while we were in NJ and then of course we all caught it. We're pretty much over it now except the coughing doesn't want to go away. When it is your own child you can't just stay away from the germs so I'm praying that Josiah gets well and that the rest of the family doesn't catch it!