Tuesday, March 20, 2007

LeapPad Boys

We are big fans of LeapPad/LeapFrog products around here. When Josiah was 2 and 1/2 years old, he received the Fridge Phonics set and the My First LeapPad set for Christmas. He immediately loved them; and almost immediately, we could see how much he was learning from them. Those products have been around the globe with us, and have been worth their weight in gold, I think!

Now David is intrigued by them as well...after all, if it's good for Josiah, it must be good for David, too! I loved seeing them both on the couch this morning, bent over their "work." It's interesting to note that Josiah is right-handed, while it seems that David is a lefty. He has not settled for sure on being left-handed, so he tends to switch back and forth between both hands...but overall, I would say he uses his left hand more. Both my dad and I are lefties, and I think we're both rooting for him to be one, too! :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! It took me 7 tries to get a lefty (like me and my baby sister and my mom!). It appears that Kanah is a lefty, as she sucks her right thumb to keep her left hand free for grabbing at things. When we put her in her high chair to eat, her right hand is in her lap while her left hand gingerly picks up food. It is rather precious! Not that there's anything wrong with being right handed.

We are not the owners of any Leap pads, but we do have the bake-a-shape oven that has been quite fun and the little learning table. The pads look quite engaging! The boys are cute together!

Have a great week!!!

Anonymous said...

The leap pads are wonderful. Trinity got one for Christmas when she was 1 and she still uses it and now Houston does too. The boys are adorable. I love it when Houston copies Trinity that way (when she's doing something good anyway!)