Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Odds and Ends

~ Our fish had babies! Last Wednesday, I spotted two, tiny, baby fish in our tank. They've been trying to hide from the big fish who, Jeff assures me, would be happy to devour them. Nature is cruel sometimes! One baby likes to hang out in some coral in the tank, and it's a great hiding place because none of the bigger fish can get in there to eat him. Another one was doing a good job of hiding beneath some shells; but one recent night, a big fish moved those shells and rocks around, and now I can't see whether the baby is still there or whether his brief life is over. If one or both of them survive, it will be really fun to watch them grow!
~ Speaking of growing, David got a new tooth. It's number 13 for him, so it doesn't generate quite as much excitement as the first. :) But it's another reminder of how he's growing up!
~ I saw robins for the first time on Saturday. Robins are my favorite birds because they are an indicator of spring, my favorite season. I always look forwarding to seeing them for the first time, and usually record the date in my journal.
~ This coming Saturday, Jeff is officiating the wedding of Mark and Jen, a couple that Jeff met through the barber shop. They came over last night for coffee, dessert, last-minute wedding planning, and premarital counseling. It was really enjoyable to spend time with them; and for me, it brought back good memories of doing more of that kind of thing when we were working in the full-time ministry. I especially love to watch and listen to Jeff as he talks, both in front of groups and individually. Wisdom drips from his tongue, and I soak it up!
~ Premarital or marital counseling always nudges us to evaluate our own marriage; and as we did that recently, we came to the conclusion that we need to put a date night into our schedule and stick to it as firmly (which is to say, fairly consistently, but not without flexibility)as we stick to other routines, like our every-other-Friday-night Family Night. So the plan is for every-other-Monday-night Date Nights to develop! I am so excited...and grateful for a husband who is willing to listen to my needs and suggestions and take action to help our marriage to grow better and better.

No comments: