Sunday, June 17, 2007

Birthday Fun, Part Two

I had grand intentions of spending a lot of time blogging tonight to catch up on some recent events here in our household, but then I got sidetracked by a more important project: doing some planning for Josiah's first "official" day of kindergarten. We are going to start his kindergarten work on Monday, rather than waiting for the fall, for several reasons. First, when our baby is born in January, we'll take a substantial amount of time off then, I'm sure. And secondly, we were continuing to do Learning Time together; and I was finding that one of the books, in particular, was sooooo easy for Josiah that it was, frankly, quite boring. Jeff and I discussed it and realized there was no particular benefit to waiting any longer...so on Monday we begin! I'm VERY excited and had a great time planning tonight. I am SO GLAD we made the decision to homeschool Josiah this year! But enough about that...I could write pages and pages about homeschooling...but I'm going to try to stick to the topic of Josiah's birthday and finish this out tonight. :)

Here Josiah is at the lawn party having a blast...
~ riding a ferocious crocodile
~ on the merry-go-round with Daddy
~ on the Ferris wheel with Daddy...the merry-go-round and Ferris wheel were Josiah's favorites, I think...well, those and the big slide, but I didn't get any pictures of that...bottom line, he had a GREAT time...and I had a great time seeing his joy!

2 comments:

Christin said...

Funny you mention homeschooling. I've also been thinking about starting this summer. With the same thought of "why not? that way I'll be less rushed and more relaxed" a VERY needed thing in the whole homeschooling dept! Let me know how your time goes. Maybe we can meet up together once a month and let them learn with "classmates". ;)

Davene said...

I like that idea of once-a-month meetings! After all, our kids really need to be "socialized," right? We so rarely get off the "farm"...they so rarely actually see people...the poor things. :)

Seriously, it would be a lot of fun for us to meet...and I really think the kids would enjoy it, too!!! :)