Monday, June 18, 2007

What Country Folk Do on Summer Evenings

They work in their garden! Notice that I didn't say what rednecks do: they, of course, sit inside and watch TV. No, the real country folk know that God commanded us to subdue the earth, and part of that involves long hours of toil in the garden...and when the temperature is only 80 degrees in the cool of the evening, rather than 95 like during the heat of the day, it's actually quite pleasant! Also be aware of the fact that these are not primarily flower gardens (although flowers are allowed): they are vegetable gardens, producing healthy sustenance for mankind. There's something so wholesome about all of this! :)

2 comments:

New Mom said...

Ohhh, I am so jealous! I would love to have a garden to toil in. Unfortunately, our yard is too small. I wish I would've taken advantage of our large yard and fertile soil when I lived in NC. I just didn't realize what I had!

JFisher777 said...

I do believe that little boy is missing his shorts!