Sunday, June 17, 2007

What a Dad! - Times Two

In honor of Father's Day, here are some pictures of my two favorite dads--my own dear dad, of course, and my beloved husband with whom I fall more in love every day as I watch him be a dad to our boys. I feel incredibly blessed to have both of these men in my life. To me, they epitomize what being a dad is...
D = death to self: they sacrifice their time, energy, money, and ambition to focus on their family
A = available: I have vivid memories of my dad driving long distances to be there when I played basketball games or sang in concerts; I also see this trait in Jeff as he works hard to cut his hours down at work so he can spend more time with his children
D = devoted & dependable: both of these men are faithful men--to God, their wives, their children, as well as other relationships
Words can hardly express what I feel, but let me say a simple thank you to both of you for all you do, for all you say, for all you are. You're the best!!!
~ the picture Dad hoped would mysteriously be deleted from my camera...here Dad is intently playing with his grandsons' LeapPad!...it's OK, Dad, just shows you're a kid at heart!
~ Jeff filling my love tank with acts of service by painting Josiah's room
~ quality time with the boys: making homemade doughnuts...yummy!

1 comment:

Jen said...

3 cheers for the D-A-Ds! Homemade donuts?! YUM!