Friday, June 1, 2007

My New Favorite Bible Verse

Last night I was flipping through my Bible, searching for a verse someone had referred to...when lo and behold, my eyes landed on these words, right at the top of the page:

Yes, I carried you before you were born.

WOW!!! That was exactly what I needed to be reminded of! As I continue to wonder/worry about this tiny new baby, I have known all along that God has a perfect plan and all I need to do is trust Him, etc. But to see in a fresh way that God is carrying my child--right now!--and that He knows my child--without an ultrasound!--was a rush of fresh air in my face, a drink of cold water in the middle of a desert for me.

The verse in context is this:

Isaiah 46:3-4
Listen to me, descendants of Jacob,
all you who remain in Israel.
I have cared for you since you were born.
Yes, I carried you before you were born.
I will be your God throughout your lifetime--
until your hair is white with age.
I made you, and I will care for you.
I will carry you along and save you.

What great verses! I thank God for His timely words; they are something I can grab hold of and wrap my heart around and feel peace. Aahhhh, it feels sweet.

2 comments:

New Mom said...

That is an awesome verse. It is so amazing how often we read something in the Bible that surely we have read before, and yet this time, it speaks to us so much more profoundly. It's like discovering a new promise!

Davene said...

So true--and well spoken! Thanks!