Sunday, June 3, 2007

Week 7

We just returned this evening from a weekend trip to Pennsylvania to visit family and see my niece Elizabeth's baptism. I had high hopes of having enough energy to write about the trip and post more pictures tonight; but at the moment, I'm feeling exhausted and nauseated...so off to bed I go, in just a moment.

This evening Jeff snapped this picture of me on my college campus (where the baptism was held). I'm at 7 and 1/2 weeks now, and I can see my tummy starting to grow. :) Jeff remarked, "Did you ever imagine, when you were in college here, that you'd come back and have two little boys running around all over the place?" The answer is--I never could have dreamed how my life would turn out. All those college days of wondering what the future held and not knowing so much about life (would I ever get married? would I ever return to Israel? would I have children? etc.) seem long ago...and now I sit and wonder about the future (how many children will I have? will I ever have a daughter? will we ever be able to leave the USA to do overseas mission work again? will my children decide to follow God? etc.). The questions may be different, but the fact of questioning remains the same! And the need to trust God with the unknowns--that is a constant!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Davene,
So fun to see the updated blog. I was encouraged by your blog today... you are so right. We just move the questions from one situation to the next and though they may look different, underneath it all it is so much about just trusting that our Loving and Comapssionate Father already knows our needs before we can express them. Learning even still today... right along with you, how to believe all of that to be true.
Sharon
ps. the side pics are a great idea! i am 18 weeks now... and asked Patterson if I always have this pooch. Very dangerous question for a spouse. He assured me it is definitely a pregnancy pooch. Baby is starting to move around. I find myself thinking of this one... "You can stay inside as LONG as you want!!!" We have some moving, transition, etc. to get through before even thinking about getting a baby room ready! Again, Trusting God with the unknowns...

Christin said...

ahh, yes. I remember those days of "WHO will I marry?" and playing those dumb word games that we used to play...like it would spell out if some guy we knew was "it". *laughing* AND I remember getting a call from you. You were torn over a little something that happened in Israel. Under an arch of some sort, I think? ;) (is my memory right?)anyway, it boiled down to you had a decision to make.
...AND NOW...here we are. me with girls. you with boys. God has been SO very gracious to us. And I'm so blessed to be able to go through this season of parenthood...as we went through puberty...together.
xo

Davene said...

Sharon, you are truly an inspiration to me. Though I've known you only a short time, I am amazed by how you juggle so much--and how you do it so graciously!!! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes incredibly smoothly--and that by the time that baby comes out, life has settled down for you with a new home and all the rest of the transition safely behind you!

And, Christin, wow, what memories I have with you!!! Yeah, you're right...Israel...arch...decision...you got it. It's so faith-building to look back on that decision and be absolutely 100% convinced that I made the right one and that God led me, through a time of indecision and waiting, to His perfect will. Anyway, I'm thrilled to be reconnecting with you--and I love how blogging helps us stay in touch much more effectively than any other means at this stage in our life! Hugs to you!