Friday, June 8, 2007

Birthday Girl

As a result of our out-of-town get-away, I missed wishing my friend Julie a happy birthday on the actual day, which happens to be our anniversary...that should make it very easy for me to remember.* :) So tonight I wanted to post a picture I took a few weeks ago of Julie and her youngest daughter Kanah to wish her a very happy belated birthday and to let her know how grateful I am for her friendship! God brought her into my life in an unexpected way at an unexpected time, but it was perfect and exactly what I needed. I've learned a lot from her and look forward to gleaning more gems of wisdom from her as the days go by. Here's to the best year ever, my friend!!!
* Incidentally, within the past few months, we were sitting around my kitchen table talking about anniversaries and birthdays; and Julie and I discovered that her birthday falls on my anniversary. I was surprised by that and said so...and then her oldest daughter (kindly) said, "You know this already. You've already talked about this another time we were here." Oh. I guess when you reach our age :) and the mommy brain turns to mush, you can actually have the same conversations over and over because you forget about them each time! It makes life kind of interesting, but you have to do this in secret because if too many people find out, they start to think you've gone crazy.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Davene, I'm blushing! This is what I get for checking your blog "one last time" when I SHOULD be packing for vacation. I love having the same conversations over and over with you, by the way!

One of the "joys" of this stage of parenting is that there are always ears everywhere. Good and bad. Good when they help you remember the basics like your sis-in-law's cell phone number, where you put your keys, what so-and-so said about thus-and-such. Bad when they hear you say something, and it becomes "gospel" (like, "We'll leave at 1:00" when we probably won't be close, but don't tell!!!). I love my teenagers!!!