Monday, June 18, 2007

Week 9

I haven't been faithful to post weekly pictures of my tummy here...but tonight I did get my mom to snap a few pictures of ever-increasing me. I'm officially 9 weeks and 5 days and am really enjoying this phase of pregnancy! I love my bump! It's a great reminder that there's a baby inside me!!! Although, I must say, I am a little surprised at how quickly my stomach is pooching out. I know that didn't happen this early in my pregnancy with Josiah, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't this way with David's pregnancy either. I've only gained 4 pounds so far which might be a wee bit more than the recommended amount, but it's not terrible. At my prenatal appointment last week, the very nice nurse educator happened to mention (without me even bringing it up!) that it's extremely common for women in their 3rd or 4th pregnancies to "expand" more quickly than they previously had because, as she said, "your uterus isn't the tight little ball that it used to be!" Right. That's for sure! Anyway, I'm not fretting a bit over it; in fact, it's such a blessing to be pregnant that I truly thank God for it and wear it proudly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely getting bigger faster than I did with my first two kids! I know it must just be baby thought because I haven't gained any weight. It is wonderful but also a little frustrating because I'm in the stage of "my regular clothes are getting too tight but maternity clothes are way too big". So lots of elastic waistbands for me!

Anonymous said...

You look great! It is fun to peek in and see what's going on in your world. We are in the middle of making the transition from Columbus to Cincinnati. Every day is different from the other! Enjoy your summer.
love,
Sharon