Monday, June 11, 2007

Wild, Wonderful West Virginia

I realized this evening that I haven't posted any pictures of our trip last week to West Virginia. Oops!

The scenery was breath-taking--truly a gorgeous part of God's creation. Everything seems so much more rugged back there. Here in Virginia, the mountains seem softer, more rounded; but as soon as we reach the West Virginia line at the top of the mountain and start going down the other side, I can see a difference--more jagged peaks, I suppose...fewer people...more wildness.

We drove through such greenness! Such rich foliage, millions of trees, beautiful streams. It's almost completely opposite from some of the terrains in which we've lived during our married life.

It was such fun to simply drive through mountains and valleys and soak in all the lushness. Well, it was fun until I started feeling really sick; between a cold that I caught from my boys and my weak pregnant stomach, I had quite a time of it on the second day of our trip. By that point, the best thing I could think of would be for the car to stop--simply stop--so that I wouldn't have to deal with constant motion anymore. I didn't care where we stopped, just as long as the car wasn't moving. So we did stop--a few times--and somehow I survived the trip home where I collapsed on the couch and watched a spirited game of Uno between my mother and my oldest son. It was good to be home. But oh, it was wonderful to be gone, too! :)

Here are some pictures of the scenery...


No comments: