Friday, June 8, 2007

Overjoyed, Again

Once again, I am overjoyed as we smoothly crossed the second hurdle of this adventure called pregnancy! After seeing those two lines appear in a pregnancy test, the next breath-holding step is always the first ultrasound...and what a blessing and joy it was to have one on Wednesday. The baby is fine!!! Our little peanut has a real live beating heart--169 precious beats a minute--and is just the right size for this stage of pregnancy. I've included the obligatory ultrasound picture, although I know it doesn't really show a thing.

Well...one thing.

A baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Christin said...

YaYYYY! I know you're breathing a sigh of relief. I rejoice with you.

Anonymous said...

Very great! I had an ultrasound today, unfortunately it was because I was bleeding. The baby is well though (I have a subchorionic hematoma but the midwife said that it should clear up on its own and the baby looked fine). It is such a relief to see that little flicker on the screen and know that it is the baby's heart beating away! The due date that they gave me is two weeks later than originally calculated though, putting it at Dec. 27th - a little closer to yours :)

Julie said...

Yay, Davene! Thanks for sharing! And Misty, too. What a relief that the baby is ok. (I have experienced that type of scary bleeding with Katie, Kieran, and Kirk, and it IS a relief when you see that all is well.)

I was thinking, Davene, that during our 10th year of marriage is when we had Kirk!!!! I hope that your B&B trip was wonderfully relaxing. Something about having kids makes the time without them seem to multiply (if that makes sense), meaning, that just being able to have a relaxed schedule makes it seem as if there is more time. Not that it's ever long enough...but that's for another day!

Ok...enough rambling for now! We'll have to have some girl time, Misty and Davene, some time this summer!!!! Hugs!