Saturday, June 9, 2007

Great News!

~ My sister stopped by for a visit today and is seriously considering moving back here to our town! She lives about 4 hours from here, and we would be thrilled if she would live closer. My boys love their Aunt Donna!!!

~ My nephew was released from prison this past Wednesday and is living in our town again. We're really looking forward to spending more time with him, and we pray earnestly for his success (and reliance on God) as he rebuilds his life.

~ Speaking of prison, we just heard this evening that the defendants in our robbery trial have agreed to a plea bargain of 25 years for their crimes. The trial was scheduled to begin on Tuesday, and I don't think anyone (at least, any of the prosecutor's witnesses) was looking forward to it. It's a relief to have it over and to know that we won't have to worry about these guys for 25 years. The really alarming part of it was that there was absolutely no expression of remorse on the part of the robbers; in fact, they made some statements that were definitely frightening. So until 2032 (a year which seems so far away that I can't even imagine it--it's like something out of a sci-fi movie!), we won't have that particular worry on our plate! God is gracious, and we continue to lean on Him for all our security. (I also, however, have a heavy heart as I think about these two men, and especially their families. We know from firsthand experience what it's like to have a relative sent to prison, and it's hard. Even when fully deserved, it's hard. My heart goes out to all involved in this situation, and I pray for these affected families quite often as I drive by the house of one of the men.)

No comments: