Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Food for Thought

One of the really touching things on my birthday was that the neighbor girls gave me a card which the oldest one, Rosalie, had carefully written in, using her best cursive writing. On the blank page opposite the birthday greeting, she had drawn straight lines on which to write the following (which I assumed she copied from a school book or something else):

Best things to give
To your friend-loyalty
To your enemy-forgiveness
To your boss-service
To a child-a good example
To your parents-gratitude & devotion
To your wedded mate-love & faithfulness
To all men-charity
To God-your life

Isn't that profound? And for us, it's impacting to see how Rosalie's family truly lives out the things that she wrote.

I was so grateful for her thoughtfulness to prepare a card for me--and especially for these thought-provoking words she included.

No comments: