Monday, April 23, 2007

Potato Perfectionist

OK--last pic for tonight. This afternoon we planted potatoes--"we," being my mother and I. In consideration of her knees, I gave her the job of sitting in the rocking chair and cutting the potatoes, while I had the fun job of actually getting in the dirt (and the condition of my feet right now proves it). :)

In case you haven't noticed, there's a theme in all the titles of these posts tonight...so for this one, I had to come up with a "p" word to go with "potato." I had to think for a few minutes for this one. I thought of "Potato Peeler" or "Paring Potatoes"--but they weren't really accurate. Then I thought of "Parsing Potatoes" because I think "parsing" means splitting--but I wasn't really sure about that and was too tired/lazy to google "parse" to find out. Then I thought of "Potato Perfectionist" and knew that was--well, perfect. Every time the word "perfectionist" is linked with my mother, it somehow seems to fit. :) You can be sure that the potatoes we planted today were cut exactly right--with two eyes per piece and enough "meat" of the potato for each piece to have a good start in life--it couldn't be any better! :)

1 comment:

JFisher777 said...

Thanks for doing such a great job... not only with the potatoes, but with keeping our home, taking care of our boys, and writing such a wonderful blog! I love you!