Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunday in Pictures, Part Two

~ On our date, Josiah and I went to Kline's Dairy Bar (one of the truly great Harrisonburg institutions!) and shared a pint of chocolate ice cream. :)
~ We called it a double date because my parents came along with us! :)
~ After our ice cream, we went to a hymn sing at Park View Mennonite Church. Wow, the singing was glorious, heavenly, truly inspiring! Participating in events like these fills my soul in immensely refreshing ways. This is a picture of our good friend Lowell Byler leading a hymn tonight. He is the husband of my beloved piano teacher Miriam Byler, and he has been our (including my parents') piano tuner for some time (and was also extremely helpful in re-assembling our piano after it got moved here from California). Tonight was bittersweet because the Bylers are moving very soon to Goshen, Indiana, so this was the last hymn sing before their move. I took a little video of Lowell directing...whenever I get Jeff to help me, I'll post it here on the blog. :)
Anybody notice that all my comments end in a smiley face? Obviously, it's been a fantastic day!!! :)

No comments: