Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Wednesday, the Fun Day

Jeff's day off is always a special day for our family. Whether we go on a little trip or stay home, it's wonderful to be together. The boys can't get enough time with their daddy (even if they were with him 24/7, it wouldn't be enough, it seems!), so they relish these days.

Highlights of this day...
~ being outside this morning and enjoying the beautiful warm temperatures
~ Jeff let one of our rabbits out of the cage, and the boys got to pet her...she is soooo soft
~ I carried in wood (from our woodshed to our porch)...our temperatures over this coming weekend may be in the 20's so I'm getting ready to get our woodstove cranked up!
~ Jeff did some mowing with our riding mower--the first lawnmowing of the season for us
~ I had my second riding lesson and enjoyed it even more than the first...last week, I was so overwhelmed by everything and was trying to absorb information as fast as I could...this week, I was more relaxed and felt more confident; consequently, I had more fun!...but oh, my goodness, it was so painful...my legs got stretched in ways I didn't know they could stretch...apparently, it's really important to push down on the heels and turn the foot in; but this means that seldom-used muscles in the back and outer side of my legs got quite a work-out...my legs felt like jello when I got off the horse today!
~ Jeff has one customer who owns a pizza restaurant so he pays for his haircuts in gift certificates for pizza...this evening, we got pizza for dinner (essentially, free), then went to a local park to eat it and let the boys play...then we went to a pet store and got some dog food, rabbit food, and a few more fish for the aquarium at the barber shop
~ when we got home, the boys had fun playing Craziness and drinking homemade grape juice before getting tucked into bed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No need to buy fish...You are welcome to come over to our 'pet store" any time and pick out some fish free of charge. We have plenty and it seems like there are more every day!
Have a great day!