Monday, April 9, 2007

He Is Risen!

~ looking for Easter eggs

~ counting the eggs..."did we find them all yet???"

What a wonderful Easter weekend we have had--first, a very meaningful church service, during which the tears rolled down my cheeks as we sang great songs of victory and praise (such joy to think about Christ's resurrection! such longing to see Him face to face!). And then my brother David and his family from Pennsylvania came to visit and stayed until today. It is ALWAYS a treat to see them, and we never feel like we get enough time together. Whenever we see them, whether in our home or theirs, there are a few things that never change--1. tons and tons of food (I cannot believe how much left-over food we have...I seriously misjudged portion size when preparing this Easter dinner!), 2. loads and loads of laughter and good conversation, and 3. lots and lots of NOISE as our (combined) five rambunctious children play together. (I like how my sister-in-law, Lori, expressed the noise situation in their house...she said, "my kids have two volumes: loud and asleep"...I can totally relate to that, although we do try to practice quiet voices from time to time!)


David and Lori had brought an abundance of plastic Easter eggs and candy, so last evening we had an indoor Easter egg hunt for the kids. It was Josiah's first ever Easter egg hunt (and little David's too, of course); and through a little help from the adults, Josiah ended up with the most eggs, which pleased his competitive nature very much. :)

No comments: