Thursday, April 19, 2007

Just for Fun

One of my college friends sent me one of these silly emails today that I love to read because I'm curious and enjoy the peek into people's real lives. :)

Rather than forwarding it on to anyone else, I'm just going to answer the questions here. (I'm terrible at forwarding stuff like this on to others; I almost never do it.)

1. Where do you work? - at home! (the best and hardest job of all--stay-at-home mom)

2. What color are your socks right now? - navy blue

3. What are you listening to right now? - the low hum of the computer and the clicking noise as I type

4. What was the last thing that you ate? - chewable vitamin C tablets

5. Can you drive a stick shift? - yes, although I haven't done it in a while!

6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? - navy blue

7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? - a lady from a church that we visited several weeks ago

8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? - of course! (why would someone that I didn't like send it to me? and even if they did, why would I ever admit publicly that I didn't like them?) but in this case, my college friend Amanda sent it to me; and I do really like her :)

9. How old are you? - 31

10. Favorite drink? - milk, straight from the cow

11. What is your favorite sport to watch? - ice skating or equestrian sports (although I can't remember the last time I've watched either!)

12. Have you ever dyed your hair? - no, but I've got quite a few gray hairs now, so I'm going to have to decide one of these days (weeks? months? years?) if I'm going to start coloring it or keep ignoring it :)

13. Any pets? - a dog named Molly, two white rabbits named Grandma Fisher (Josiah named her) and Snowball, and a bunch of fish

14. Favorite food? - spaghetti with butter and parmesan cheese

15. What was the last movie you watched? - The Ultimate Gift

16. Favorite day of the year? - that's a tough one...I've never thought about it...maybe New Year's Day???

17. What do you do to vent anger? - I usually hold it inside, but it comes out in the tone of my voice

18. Favorite childhood toy? - maybe an old porcelain doll named Peaches? maybe a miniature cast iron stove with pots and pans? maybe a little stuffed koala bear that I made little outfits for (involving cutting holes for the arms and legs and attaching it to the bear with pins--no real sewing!)?

19. Cherries or blueberries? - both!

20. When was the last time you cried? - yesterday, when my neighbor Wilma came over with her girls to wish David a happy birthday; and she started reading the book Love You Forever...when she started reading, I told her I can't read that book without crying...she thought I was kind of silly--until she started crying while reading it!...I discovered not only can I not read that book without crying, I can't even be in the same room while it's being read--or see the picture in it of the grown man cradling his little mother--without crying!!!

21. What is on the floor of your closet? - my shoes on a shoe rack, and various items to donate to a thrift store (that's my collection place for get-rid-of stuff)

22. What did you do last night? - sang happy birthday to David, took care of my sick Josiah, did loads and loads of laundry, blogged

23. Favorite smells? - probably cooking smells: cookies or a cake baking in the oven, or onions being fried to put into a recipe (that's probably Jeff's favorite smell...I always know that if I am frying onions when he walks in the door, he'll smile and say, "Yum, something smells good!")...I guess I like the cooking smells because I love to eat; and when you smell something cooking first, then your mouth starts watering, then you wait and wait and finally it's ready, then you sit down and eat it--ah, that is bliss!!! :)

24. What do you regret the most in life? - I'm going to copy Amanda's answer and say not having more patience

25. What are you most afraid of? - my children deciding to not follow God--and consequently, our family not being all together in heaven

26. Favorite types of hamburgers? - bacon cheeseburgers

27. Favorite breed of dog? - collie

28. Number of keys on your key ring? - five, I think

29. Favorite day of the week? - Sunday/Monday combo

30. Which states have you lived in? - Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, California--and, of course, Israel

31. Favorite holiday? - I'll be traditional and say Christmas...although any holiday that gets family together is a good one in my book!

2 comments:

JFisher777 said...

When did you live in New York? How long do you have to be somewhere to qualify it as living there?

Davene said...

I lived in New York for one summer during college, working on the music staff at Camp of the Woods (as you know very well). :) I counted it as living there because it was my residence for that summer. Does that qualify??? :)