Monday, April 23, 2007

Lovely Lunch

Today was another gorgeous day--and I took advantage of it by doing a lot of work outside. Josiah saw one of my dad's nurses eating her lunch outside under a pine tree*, and it gave him the idea that it would be fun to eat outside, too! So here he is--enjoying a "picnic" today--a banana, cheese, and potato chips--lunch of champions. :) When I look at this picture, I notice the clothes drying on the clothesline...and the fresh mulch around the lilac bush...and it reminds me of some of the fun projects I got to do today. Oh, springtime is such a wonderful time of year!

*When Josiah saw the nurse under the tree, he came to me and said quietly, seriously, "I think someone is hurt." I was behind the house hanging up clothes, but as I came around the corner of the house and saw what he was referring to, it brought a smile to my face; and I quickly explained to him who it was and what she was doing. I guess he had not seen someone eat lunch under that tree before!

No comments: